While we are not encouraging people to be out and about where they don’t feel comfortable, life is still happening and there are business still running. Small, local business will be affected the hardest right now and many of them have adapted to meet current guidelines while still preserving their businesses and the livelihoods of owners and employees. San Antonio is known for its community support and while we wait for Fiesta to come next Fall, we can continue the sentiment and love of our community to the local businesses and nonprofits who need it most.
Great Business Supporting Ideas:
- Buy gift cards online to use at a later date.
- Order products online for pick-up or delivery.
Businesses with Adapted Hours and Resources:
- Volare Pizza is offering Delivery and Curbside pickup.
- HEB is offering free, next-day Curbside pickup.
- The San Antonio Botanical Gardens are open for business still. All classes and events have been canceled. They are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will make adjustments as needed. Check their website for up-to-date details.
- Sorrento’s is offering to go orders and sanitizing tables, menus, even pens.
- Meemo’s Bakery & Cafe will stay open for dining in as long as we are financially able to do so. Or until the city tells us to close. They offer online ordering through our website with no upcharge. You can also call in to place your order. You can pick up your order inside or they will bring it to your car so that there is a no touch environment for you. They offer delivery to your home or office through Grubhub, Door Dash and Uber Eats. They are reducing our hours of operation to 8:00 am to 3:00 pm to reduce our labor costs but still be able to keep our staff employed.
- K. Charles Salons are OPEN! They are taking every precaution and are here for you for a moment of self-care during these times. Along with our usual standards for sanitation in compliance with local & federal laws, they are taking recommendations from the CDC in implementing the following protocols:
· Making our beverages available to guests with a self-service option;
· Continue to use paper towels to prevent spreading of germs;
· Clean all surfaces in the salon every 30 minutes throughout the day;
· Require our team to wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds between guests. If hand washing is not available, they must use a hand sanitizer that is 60-95% alcohol-based;
· Request that both guests and team stay home if they are feeling unwell.
· Suspended hand massages and makeup services;
· Capes are washed after every use;
· Ask that anyone with fever or respiratory symptoms not enter the salon and call to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
· Love your hugs and handshakes, but smiles work just as well. We are also offering curbside pickup for anyone who wants to order products right now.
Stone Oak – 210.403.0955
Broadway & Sunset – 210.798.3383
Bulverde – 830.228.5652
Smoke Meat Market (210) 549-1090 has call in service and is offering a “Survivor Pack” with several days worth of meals available for Curbside pick up or delivery. They also have prepared meals and sides along with their normal meat market offerings.
- Hearthstone BakeryCafe offers “Social Distancing” Family Pack. Each Family Pack will include: 10 – ½ pints of 2% milk, 1 Quart of Scrambled Egg Mix, 8 Fully Cooked Sausage Patties, Choice of 2 lbs ground beef or 8 – ¼ lb burger patties (both choices are raw and frozen), 8 Brioche Buns, 8 oz of Sliced Cheese (choices of Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Pepperjack, or Mozzarella), 1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce, 2 Tomatoes, 12 Ball Park Franks, 12 Hot Dog Buns, ½ dozen of Hearthstone’s freshly-baked cookies. $80 (tax included). Orders may be placed by calling both Hearthstone BakeryCafe locations directly.
- Hearthstone BakeryCafe now offering “Warehouse 2 Table” (We are taking surplus inventory from our distributors and making it available
to those who need it). See linked PDF for full list and instructions on how to order.
- Salata is offering exclusively takeout and delivery and taking increased precautions. Please read full response here. They are also offering free delivery through March 22nd.
- Acadiana Cafe is offering 2 different Cajun Quarantine kits for your families. Some items are a la carte. Please call ahead for details.
- Shopping with Siobhain is offering curbside pickup for orders placed by phone or online.
- It’s aGlow is available to purchase online.
- Sparkles is offering ordering through social media, phone, online and can do local delivery or regular delivery or curbside.
- The Barbecue Station has Hot off the Pit BBQ available to-go (call ahead). 210-824-9191
- Hargrove’s is open for curbside pick up of all your favorite spirits and wines 210-444-9303
- Beto’s is offering their full menu to go for curbside pickup. They are also selling $25 gift cards for $20. Stock up now!
- Cappy’s is offering to-go orders daily from 4-8pm. Check their website for the menu and call today!
This is a running list and will be updated frequently. Email us here to add your resource to our list.