1/2 quart heavy cream
1 lb bittersweet chocolate chips
8 whole eggs
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup sugar
zest of 2 oranges
3 basil leaves
1 cup melted white chocolate
2 Tbs. of chipotle powder
FOR WHIPPED CREAM:
2 Tbs. sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over chocolate until smooth.
- Once chocolate mix is cool, pour into mixing bowl and mix with paddle, and add eggs slowly.
- Add dried cherries, sugar & orange zest, pour into pie pan, bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool, slice and place on parchment, drizzle white chocolate over torte and top with basil leaves.
- To make whipped cream: Add sugar, cinnamon and heavy cream to a bowl and beat with a whisk until firm.
- Dust chocolate torte with chipotle powder to taste and dust each plate with 1 tsp. chipotle powder per plate.
Recipe provided to us by ThriveWell.org