4 grilled chicken breasts
zest of 2 lemons
2 Tbs. canola oil
4 sprigs thyme (chopped finely)
2 Belgian endive
8 asparagus spears
1 pkg of red quinoa
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 pint blackberries
4 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 oz. agave nectar
1 watermelon radish (sliced thin for garnish)
salt and black pepper to taste
1) Add chicken breasts to a bowl and add lemon zest, canola oil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Grill on medium heat 5 minutes on each side, rotating occasionally.
2) Endive – Quarter the endive lengthwise and season with canola oil, salt and pepper. Place in a hot skillet cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side.
3) Asparagus – Cut in half and season with salt, pepper and canola oil. Sear in same pan for 3-4 minutes.
4) Red Quinoa – Cook one cup of red quinoa according to directions, set aside.
5) Mix in a blender the vinegar, blackberries, olive oil and agave nectar.
6) Place all ingredients on a plate, drizzle with blackberry-oil mixtures and garnish with thinly sliced watermelon radish.
Recipe provided by ThriveWell.org