Style Editor Camilla Basse identifies this season’s style and color trends.
Although the first day of fall is September 23rd, we South Texans won’t feel that first burst of cooler weather until much later, which can wreak havoc with our fall wardrobe. I, for one am ready to don the latest and greatest fall trends now that September has arrived! The silver lining is that we can embrace fall trends without wearing layers and heavy fall fabrics.
Loving the full-bodied reds this fall? Incorporate your favorite shade on your nails, lips or in handbag form and also throughout your home, after all, why should your wardrobe be the only one having all the fun? Thankfully, on- point trends such as ear crawlers can be worn no matter what the temperatures are outside. And who doesn’t love open-toe shoes? Especially ones that incorporate chunky wood heels, which is this fall’s go-to style. The bottom line is that fall is here, and we won’t let warmer temps keep us from taking a bite out of our favorite fall styles!
Shoes: Chunky wooden heels land this fall with an open-toe booty, Styles with woven leather, a strappy look and in suede are also on trend.
Jewelry: The dominant trend for jewelry actually started this summer and will go heavily into fall: ear huggies, ear crawlers, ear cuffs and earring jackets in different metals and stones
Pants: The flare leg returns with almost a ‘70’s vibe.
The Bag: The barrel bag with a handle or a double shorter strap as well as the saddle bag will be prominent. Gold or brass hardware will be the metal of choice
Color: The color trend for fall is full-bodied rich reds in crimson, wine, and burgundy. Pure white (not winter white) is also going to be big for fall and winter.
1. Commodor by Stuart Weitzman (Shops at La Cantera)
2. Butter London Nail Lacquer Vernis in Ruby Murray (Julian Gold)
3. Thames Sandal by Tory Burch (SAKS Fifth Avenue)
4. Garnet and diamond earrings (Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry)
5. Ear cuff by Zoe Chicco Fine Jewelry (SAKS Fifth Avenue)
6. Diamond earring jackets (Penaloza & Sons)
7. Butter London Nail Lacquer Vernis in Come To Bed Red (Julian Gold)
8. Jacki purse (SAS Shoes at Alamo Quarry Market)
9. DL1961 Joy jean in milk (Julian Gold)
10. Marrakech bedding (Lili Alessandra)
11. Scalloped mirror (Ethan Allen)
12. White drum table (Ethan Allen)
13. Red Canton box (Ethan Allen)
14. Outdoor pillow, Davenport/Red (Ethan Allen)
15. Cowhide bench with polished chrome base (The Tiny Finch)